[Addon] Super Image Denoiser 3.2.0 (SID)
Super Image Denoising
SID denoises your images with far greater detail compared to the built in denoiser!
Addon based on compositor nodes, perfect for render farms!
- Add a powerful denoiser with a single click!
- Denoise your animations with one of two Temporal Denoiser!
- Choose the quality and performance of the Super Image Denoiser!
Easy to use:
- Select your denoiser type and quality.
- Click "Add Super Denoiser".
Your render will be denoised after the render is completed.
The built in denoiser will be disabled.
See the difference in detail and render time!
Far more details will be recovered from your noisy images.
Comparing Nvidias OptiX, Super Image Denoiser and Intels Open Image Denoiser side by side.
Every frame was rendered with the same machine and the exact same settings.
You need to render far fewer samples with SID to achieve the same quality as you would with OptiX or OID, saving you hours of render time in the process!
Animations Denoised with SID:
Super Image Denoising
Pick between three denoising qualities!
The quality you select decides how fast the denoiser processes the image, and how much detail is preserved. You can chose between these options:
- Standard: Uses the most basic denoising setup, the same as enabling OpenImageDenoiser
- High: A more complex denoising setup, a perfect compromise between speed and quality
- Super: Best quality for, perfect for final renders.
Only denoise what you need!
Improve your render times by selecting which passes will be denoised.
This is important as not to waste performance!
By default diffuse and glossy surfaces will always be denoised.
- Emission: Do you have emissive materials in your scene? Like lamps, glowing surfaces, lights?
- Transmission: Enable it for glass or other materials that are glass like!
- Environment: It should be enabled when you see the environment in your render, the HDRI or Sky.
- Volumetric: If you have volumetric clouds, fog, smoke and everything that uses a volume shader!
You can spot if you missed a certain material if it is black after denoising.
Some of you might prefer to do your image editing in external software, or want to edit the layers individually.
To do that, you can simply enable "Multi-Layer EXR" in the Advanced tab and an EXR-File will be created next to your output image.
If you never worked with a disassembled image before, you can use this handy guide to reassemble your rendered image:
Adding the Super Image Denoiser!
Using the "Add Super Denoiser" button you can add the Super Image Denoiser into your scene, look in the compositor to see it.
"Refresh Super Denoiser" is the button to press after you changed some settings in SID, or want a fresh, unedited version again.
Super Image Denoiser - Temporal (BETA)
Denoise your renders with data from the previous and next frame!
Temporal Denoising can drastically reduce "flickering", artifacts caused by the denoiser interpreting pixels in a different way in different frames. This issue happens with every denoiser out there. Temporal data can reduce this issue!
Image working directory!
SID-Temporal needs a folder on your device where it can temporarily store data, render images to, and store the denoised images in.
Final output file format:
In this setting you decide which file format SID-Temporal should finally save your images in. This will be the end result.
- PNG: If you plan to no longer edit your images and want a clean image sequence. The files are small and uncompressed.
- JPEG: If you want to have a quick preview, fast saving files with artifacts, very small file size. Has compression artifacts.
- EXR: For the advanced users that like to edit their renders after the temporal denoising. Large files with zip compression.
This is where SID-Temporal will create three folders
- Noisy: A folder to store the rendered Multi-Layer EXR files.
- Preview: Here the optionally selected preview files will be saved, they are denoised with the quality option you selected.
- Denoised: After SID-Temporal finished denoising your images, it will save the files in the previously selected format here.
Smaller working files:
The EXR files saved after rendering can take multiple MB per frame, so you can reduce the file size, at a slight cost of quality, by enabling "Smaller working files". It will save the files in 16bit EXR instead of 32bit.
Generate preview images:
EXR files can not be previewed by some operating systems natively, so generating preview images helps to see the progress the rendering has made so far.
SID-Temporal is the only temporal denoiser for blender that supports motion blur!
The settings on SID-Temporal are similar to the compositor vector blur node settings.
SID-Temporal uses a two step process.
You first need to render the noisy frames with step 1.
After that you will notice that all your images are being saved to the "Noisy" folder in the directory you specified.
Following step 1 you need to complete step 2 to see the images with temporal denoising appear in the "denoised" folder.
OptiX - Temporal!
The third denoiser type supported by SID is OptiX Temporal denoising.
This uses Nvidias proprietary denoising technology to denoise your renders with OptiX and temporal data.
Beware that the denoising quality of OptiX Temporal is usually worse than SID-Standard.
With step 1 a Multi-Layer EXR file will be rendered into the image directory you specified.
Complete step 2 to replace the Multi-Layer EXR files in the specified folder with the EXR files denoised by OptiX Temporal.
Blender versions SID is compatible with:
2.83 - 3.5
We support a wide range of blender versions!
Render engines SID is compatible with:
Due to frequent changes in the render engines, we cannot keep up with everything that is new or has changed.
If you encounter bugs, or would like to have us extend SID to your preferred render engine, please let us know!
View our latest tutorials on our addons and more on our YouTube channel:See our YouTube channel
Want to contact us directly, give feedback, ask questions or receive frequent updates:Join our Discord server